Much like other phones, there is a conference feature on the local UI of the Polycom VVX series. It is more of a classic conference style, where one person is called and put on hold, followed by calling another person and then joining.
1 Call the first person.
2 From Lines or Calls view, press More and then Confrnc. The active call is held.
3 Using the Dialer, call the second person.
4 When the second person answers, press More and then Confrnc to join everyone in a conference. The Active: Conference screen displays, as shown next.
- From Lines or Calls view, press Hold. If you’re in Calls view, be sure to highlight the conference first. The other two people in the conference are held. The following example shows a held conference in Calls view.
- From Lines or Calls view, press Resume.
To end a conference, and your connection to the other people, press End Call. By default, when you press End Call, the other two people remain connected. However, your system administrator may have set up your phone so that all connections end.
To end a conference call:
- From Lines or Calls view, press End Call.
The conference call ends. By default, the other two people remain connected.
When you split a conference, you end the conference and place the other two people on hold. You can split an active or held conference call.
To split a conference call:
- From Lines or Calls view, press Split.
The conference call ends. By default, the other two people are held.
If you’re able to manage the people in a conference call, you can:
- Mute a participant.
- Hold a participant.
- Remove a participant from the conference.
- List information about a participant, such as the participant’s name, number, and call details—such as whether the call is muted, held, or is video-enabled.
Note: In some models, this cannot be done. For more information on this feature, consult the guide at the following location, from Polycom’s Website:
1 Set up an active conference call.
2 From Active Call, Lines, or Calls view, press Manage. If you’re in Calls view, be sure to highlight the conference first. The following example show the screens that display when you manage a conference.
3 Use the up and down arrow keys to highlight the person you want to manage.
4 Do one of the following:
○ Press Far Mute to mute the person. The muted person can hear everyone, but no one can hear the muted person.
○ Press Hold to hold the person. The held person can’t hear anyone, and no one can hear the held person.
○ Press Remove to remove the person from the conference, end the conference call, and create an active call between you and the person still in the call.
○ Press Info to view information about the person and their call status. When you press Info, a popup displays listing the person’s information, as shown next. You can navigate through the popup using the up and down arrow keys.
○ Press Back to exit the conference management function.- Tap the End Call soft key to drop the conference call.