RingScape 3.0 User Guide
Table of Contents
RingScape 3.0 is the latest version of RingScape with the RingScape Outlook plugin.
RingScape 3.0 augments your HPBX system by allowing you to:
- Place calls from RingScape by double-clicking, dragging a contact onto the dial pad, using links to phone numbers in web browser, or using the Outlook plugin to call directly from Outlook.
- Transfer calls to other users in your company. Both attended and cold transfer are supported.
- Monitor the status of your phone system and see who’s on the phone, who’s available and which phones are "offline".
- Pick up calls to other users and get a notifications for inbound calls to monitored users.
- Receive notification of new voicemails and log into TeleWeb to listen to your voice messages.
- Click to call from a list of favorites. Save some of your contacts as favorites for easy and fast access, or create your own contacts.
- Automatically launch Salesforce or eAgent (or any other page in the browser) when a call comes in.
RingScape 3.0 brings many improvements over RingScape 2.0, including:
- A fresh, new style
- The new User View
- Integrated Outlook plug-in
- Integrated Outlook address book
- Private contact import and contact lists
RingScape 3.0 is compatible with:
|Operating Systems||Windows 10||Windows 8.1||Windows 8||Windows 7||Windows XP (x64)||Windows XP SP3 (x32)|
|Email clients||Outlook 2010||Outlook 2013||Outlook 2016|
|Phones (click-to-call and transfer features)||Polycom SoundPoint IP Series||Polycom VVX Series||Cisco Desk Phones||Yealink Desk Phones|
Note: RingScape 3.0 CAN NOT be used on devices using wireless transmitters/receivers. There is no exception to this rule due to wireless transmitters/receivers generate a seperate subnet. We CAN NOT change the wireless transmitter to work on the existing network's IP range, nor can we set the router to transmit out the range that the wireless transmitter sends out. We also CAN NOT set the wireless transmitter as a complete bridge that doesn't generate its own IP address. These attempts WILL cause DHCP conflicts.
Additionally, Mac OSX RingScape 2.0 will not support Yealink Desk phones. Yealink Desk Phone support appears in CallScape version 3.0.65 or higher
RingScape 3.0 is installed via a standalone installer package.
Download and run the RingScapeSetup.exe file. In order to install RingScape 3.0 please proceed through the following Installation Wizard screens:
- Click Next on the Welcome message screen:
- Accept the license agreement and click Next if you agree with the license notes, otherwise click Cancel or Back.
- Select the folder where RingScape 3.0 will be installed or use default and click Next.
- To confirm installation, click the Install button. You may also click the Back button to change settings, or the Cancel button to stop installation.
- To log in, enter your phone's 10-digit telephone number and your voicemail PIN.
After installation, three new menu items will be added to 'Start Menu':
o 'Enable RingScape for Outlook',
o 'Disable RingScape for Outlook'
o ‘Update RingScape’
RingScape Outlook plug-in is installed and automatically enabled during the installation of RingScape 3.0.
If you want to disable RingScape Outlook plug-in, use menu item 'Disable RingScape Outlook Plug-in' that will immediately appear under 'Start' menu after installation of RingScape 3.0.
During installation phase, a progress bar will be shown, where it's also possible to cancel the installation.
If the Outlook application is running during the installation, a message asking to restart Outlook to complete plug-in installation will be displayed. Click 'OK'.
You can easily uninstall RingScape 3.0 via Control Panel => Programs and Features.
If RingScape 3.0 and/or Outlook are running, you will be notified that these applications should be closed before the uninstall process begins.
Navigation buttons have moved to the top of RingScape 3.0. Use the following features to find what you need.
- The settings button, which looks like a gear, will open the Settings Panel, which will provide access to:
- My Account – opens the TeleWeb for your HPBX phone
- Dialpad – allows for the dialing of phone numbers
- Settings – opens the Settings pane
- Online Help – opens the RingScape website in a web browser
- About – displays the About pane
- Logout – logs out of the current RingScape session
- The Search Panel allows for searching for specific names or phone numbers within your company.
- The Message Waiting Indicator will indicate to you when you have new voicemails, and clicking the indicator button will open your TeleWeb in a web browser.
The User View is useful for you if you:
- Are a typical employee at a desk with a computer and a phone.
- Do not deal with large volumes of calls.
- Want to get notification of incoming calls and determine status of your coworkers.
How to use the User View:
- The User View displays contacts in a list.
- The User View supports different sources:
- All company contacts.
- All Outlook contacts.
- All private contacts.
- Phone's status shown on User View:
- Idle – green.
- In-use – red.
- Offline - gray.
The Receptionist view is useful for you if you:
- Are responsible for answering all incoming calls to a company.
- Deal with a very large volume of incoming calls and efficiency and rapid transaction time on each call is very important for you.
- Want to view the busy/idle status of all employees simultaneously without needing to do searches.
How to use the Receptionist View:
- The Receptionist View displays contacts in a table.
- The Receptionist View contains only HPBX phones.
- The phone's status is shown on User View:
- Idle - green
- Ringing - blue
- In-use - red
- Offline - gray
The Dialpad is available through the 'Settings' menu or by using the 'Ctrl + D' shortcut.
How to use the Dialpad:
- To dial a number you may:
- Type the number in via your keyboard.
- Enter the number via the dialpad using your mouse.
- Copy and paste a number from another application.
- Drag and drop a number from another application.
- Click on a Tel link in web browser or email.
- When typing, using copy & paste, or drag & drop, the following characters only will be accepted by the Dialpad:
- When using copy & paste or drag & drop phone number, different formats are supported. E.g. the following formats are supported:
- (123) 456 7899
- 123 456 7899
RingScape offers two easy to use methods to transfer in-progress calls.
- Call Transfer feature is only supported with Polycom, Cisco and Yealink desk phones. You can transfer call to any other extension or outside number, if that number is added to contacts list in your
- You can transfer call to any other extension or outside number if that number is added to contacts list in your RingScape application.
Press Transfer button on top of RingScape window, search for the contact you wish to transfer this call to and press Transfer button next to the contact's name.
Wait for the extension called to answer and announce the call before pressing Complete button. Alternatively, press Complete button immediately to complete a cold transfer.
Right-click the name of the user you want to transfer the call to and press Transfer button. Follow the instructions above to complete a warm or a cold transfer
Call Monitoring and Pickup
To choose the extensions you wish to monitor, go to Settings > Monitoring. You can receive a sound alert when there's an incoming call to a monitored extension.
To pickup a call that's ringing a monitored extension, right-click this extension in Receptionist View and select Pickup.
Settings are available through the 'Settings' menu item or via the 'Ctrl + S' shortcut.
You are able to configure general application settings or customize user or receptionist view.
The General settings tab allows you to modify the behavior of RingScape 3.0.
Enable alert displays - this option enables or disables RingScape’s ability to show you who is calling in the lower right corner of your screen.
Enable sounds - this option enables or disables RingScape sounds
Screen Pop - this allows you to enter a URL to automatically open up within your Internet browser when certain incoming calls are received.
Screen Pop automatically for all incoming calls - this option forces the screen pop on any inbound call.
Always on top - causes RingScape to always display on top of your other programs
Dialpad always on top - Causes the Dialpad to always display on top of your other programs.
Use Ctrl+Shift+S to open RingScape - pressing Ctrl+Shift+S will bring RingScape windows on top if this option is enabled
Start RingScape when I start Windows - this will automatically start RingScape when you log into Windows.
Automatic Login - this will automatically sign you into RingScape, if you have clicked the ‘Remember me’ box on the login screen.
Enable Logging - this option enables logging to assist with troubleshooting issues.
Enable Click-to-Call from websites - enables dialing using Tel protocol
The User View settings allow you to modify the behavior of the User View.
My Contacts - makes the ‘My Contacts’ section visible in the User View.
Your Company Name - this will display the name of your HPBX account. This toggle will turn on and off your company contacts from displaying in the User view.
Hide unregistered company phones - this option will remove phones that are not functioning or plugged in from the User View.
Hides contacts without name - this option will remove phones from the User View that have only a phone number and/or extension number, with no name.
Hide contacts without number - this option will remove phones from the User View that have no phone number.
Sort contacts in group by - allows the selection of sort criteria within each contact group. Available options are to sort by:
Import contacts from plain comma-separated file - RingScape allows you to import contacts within a .CSV file in the event you wish to import contacts from another application. Formatting guidelines are available in a tooltip if you hover over the Import button, but for convenience the requirements are:
Import file must be .CSV
One line per contact within the file
Each line should be formatted as:
Duplicates and invalid formatting will be rejected
E.G. John, Doe, 2065551212
Additional groups may show up in the ‘Visible contact groups’ section in the User View settings. This will occur after you have installed the Outlook plug-in and your outlook contacts have synchronized with RingScape. RingScape will acquire the following form Outlook:
Outlook Contacts (will display as ‘Contacts’)
Contacts associated with any of your Outlook mailboxes
Sort by name or Add to top - this option allows you to determine the sort of the Favorites section, if you have designated contacts as favorites.
Clear favorites - this button allows you to delete all contacts marked as favorites from the Favorites section.
Keep history - this option allows you to select for how long you wish RingScape to keep recent call history which shows up on the Recent section in the User View. Options are:
Max One Day
Max One Week
Max Two Weeks
Max One Month
The Receptionist View settings section allows you to change the behavior of the Receptionist View.
Sort Receptionist View by - this drop down list allows you to select how you wish the Receptionist View to sort its tiles. Available options are:
Hide unregistered company phones - this option allows you to remove inoperable phones from the Receptionist View.
Tile Size - this option allows you to increase or decrease the size of the tiles, for ease of reading, in the Receptionist View.
By selecting or deselecting phones in this section, you may construct the ‘My Group’ section, which is a custom set of phones within your company that you wish to monitor.
The Monitoring Settings allows you to Pickup calls ringing on a monitored phone. Additionally, you can choose to receive a sound alert whenever there's an incoming call to a monitored phone.
When you receive an incoming call from outside your company, you can configure RingScape to either automatically or upon request open (pop) a browser to a pre-defined URL. You can configure the calling party's number as a parameter to the URL.
This feature is very useful on conjunction with the third party web based contact services, such as eAgent, Salesforce, and others. When you receive an incoming call, RingScape will open a browser window to search the third party contacts database.
For Salesforce, you must be logged into your Salesforce account and allow the Screen Pop to operate with RingScape. You will need to use an appropriate Salesforce search string to the RingScape Screen Pop URL. Substitute %callers_number% in the position where the phone number should be placed in the search string.
- Open RingScape > Setting > Events tab > Check the box next to “Incoming Call Notification"
- Check either the box next to “Screen Pop Automatically for all Incoming Calls” or “Screen Pop Upon Request”.
- Paste the URL below into the Callscape Screen Pop URL text box
Note: Your 'naXX' number may vary depending on what Salesforce provides you. For example, your URL may be 'na12' rather than 'na14' like in our example above.
4. Click Save
For eAgent, you will need to obtain the Screen Pop URL corresponding to your eAgent account. This URL can be accessed by logging into eAgent at www.eagent.net with your eAgent credentials.
Currently the eAgent portal does not display our business in the list of VoIP providers. However you can configure RingScape to work with eAgent as follows:
- Login to your eAgent Portal
- Click Setup, and then click VoIP Integration;
- Select 'Lightspeed Voice' from the list;
- Copy the URL authentication string that is provided in the box, it will look something like this:
- Open RingScape
- Navigate to the General Settings;
- Paste the URL authentication string you copied above into the RingScape Screen Pop URL text box
- Add the following to the end of the text string in the RingScape URL text box: %callers_number%
- Click 'Save changes'
Skype For Business Click-to-Call with Hosted Exchange and Office 365
- Skype for Business
- Locally installed copy of MS Outlook
- RingScape 3.0 with outlook plugin enabled
The RingScape Outlook plug-in will pull a copy of your Active Directory contacts and allow RingScape.
To enable click-to-call from Skype for Business with Hosted Exchange & Office 365, go to RingScape > Settings > Enable click-to-call from Skype for Businessoutloo.
Once you see the confirmation pop-up, restart Skype for Business.
To dial a Skype for Business contact, right-click it and choose Call with RingScape.
The contact's email address will be searched in your RingScape contacts. Note that Outlook synchronization must be enabled for it to return results. Once you see the search results, press Call button to place a call.