When the objects are exported the tool displayes the list of users, contacts and distribution lists that it found on the remote server. By default, all objects are selected to be created with the data transfer where applicable. You may uncheck the objects that you do not need or want. This is the preview; the objects will be created later.
At this step you can also unify the primary email addresses for the users, choose to create either IMAP/SMTP or Exchange mailboxes for them and specify if you would like to transfer the data.
There are several columns in the table with the objects:
- Display Name: The name that this object will have in our system.
- Primary SMTP Address: If it is for a user, this will be the email address the user sends from and logs in to their mailbox.
- Destination: The type of mailbox the user will have on our servers.
- Create Object: Check off the box for those account objects you need to be created on the new account. Select or deselect the main checkbox located right under the header to select or deselect all.
- Transfer Content: Select this checkbox for those users whose data you need on the new account. Select or deselect the main checkbox located right under the header to select or deselect all.
- Set primary SMTP address for all: You can select the pattern for all users's email addresses. The domain name should be selected from the drop-down list and following patterns are available for the username part of email addresses:
- FirstName + LastName
- LastName + FirstName
- Keep existing alias
- Test connection: You can test connection for all mailboxes with one click or for each of them, one by one.
Click Start Migration after managing account objects.