This article provides the instructions on determining if Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit.
Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Go to Start Menu > Control Panel > click on System.
- The operating system will display as follows for system type
- 32-bit Operating system
- 64-bit Operating system
- Right-click on My Computer (either Desktop or Start Menu) and select Properties
- Click the General tab, the version is listed under System
- 32-bit Windows will display if it is Home or Professional, and nothing else
- 64-bit Windows will specifically display x64 Edition