Overview of the Exchange Onboarding process
This overview outlines the Onboarding process and who is responsible for each part. There may be some variation in your migration due to the wide variety of non-Intermedia Exchange solutions. Each part of this process is addressed in a detail in the corresponding Knowledge Base article.
PHASE 1. ACCOUNT CREATION
- CUSTOMER: Contact Intermedia to discuss the terms of account creation and further steps.
- EVERYONE: Once the first step is complete and the terms are agreed upon, an Intermedia representative will contact you to discuss your migration and put a plan in place based on your specific needs.
- CUSTOMER: Provides necessary information about their current Exchange server.
- Intermedia: Connects to your current Exchange server, exports Global Address List and creates Exchange mailboxes and other objects.
- Intermedia: Changes mail routing on your Hosted Exchange account to deliver to your current Exchange server by enabling Mail Filter Redirection.
- EVERYONE: You will need to enable optional add-ons such as ActiveSync, Blackberry, Lync IM, archiving, etc in CONTROL PANEL.
- CUSTOMER: Verify that your account objects have been imported correctly. At this time you should also provide Intermedia with a cutover date when you will switch your end users to connect to the new account.
- CUSTOMER: Change MX records for your domain to point to your new account.
Note: If you are using third-party filtering solution and would like to continue using it after cutover, instead of changing MX records now, you need to change the forwarding from filtering solution to Intermedia MX records at the point of cutover.
Read the Knowledge Base article on Onboarding from Exchange server: Phase 1. Account Creation for more information.
PHASE 2. DATA MIGRATION
- Intermedia: Your mailbox data will be exported from your existing Exchange mailboxes and imported into your Hosted Exchange account. Depending on the volume of data, connection speed, and access to your current Exchange server, there are several export and delivery options for PST’s containing your mailbox data.
Note: If you have provided necessary information about current Exchange server, Intermedia will perform initial data pull.
- CUSTOMER: Verify that the mailbox data has copied correctly to the new account. Once you have verified the data has been copied correctly the migration will proceed.
- CUSTOMER: Pre-configure profiles on your Outlook clients to connect to your new Hosted Exchange account.
Read the Knowledge Base article on Onboarding from Exchange server: Phase 2. Data Migration for more information.
PHASE 3. DELIVERY AND END-USER CUTOVER
- Intermedia: Make sure MX records have already been propagated through the Internet.
- EVERYONE: Cut over to the new account.
- Intermedia: Changes mail routing to now deliver to your new Hosted Exchange account by disabling Mail Filter Redirection. Note: If you are using third-party filtering solution and would like to continue using it after cutover, you need to change the forwarding from filtering solution to Intermedia MX record at this point.
- CUSTOMER: Create an Autodiscover and SPF record for your domain.
- CUSTOMER: Configure all your clients and devices to connect to the new server.
- CUSTOMER: Export and import public folder data via Outlook.
- Intermedia: Intermedia will copy a differential of mailbox data from your current Exchange server to capture any new mail since the initial copy.
- CUSTOMER: Verify that the data has copied correctly. Once you have verified the data has been copied correctly, the migration will proceed.
- EVERYONE: Intermedia will work with you to determine if the migration is 100% complete.
Read the Knowledge Base article on Onboarding from Exchange server: Phase 3. Delivery and End-User Cutover for more information.