Exporting and Importing config files can be used for many reasons including:
- Swapping like phones between Users
- Backing up config for firmware update
- Adding BLF Features
- Testing a configuration
- Backing up settings for any reason
To Export or Import first login to the Polycom via its web interface. Default Polycom password is 456 and we do not set a different password. If there is a different password set and the customer does not know it, the phone must be manually factory reset and you will not be able to export or backup a configuration file. Follow the steps in this article for manual factory reset.
- Browse to Utilities > Import & Export Configuration
- To Export, use All Configuration (except Device Settings)
- This will start a download of a .cfg file which can be edited to include the settings for BLF and Call Pickup features.
- If needed, the file can then be opened with a text editor like Notepadd++ or Wordpad to add configuration settings and features.
Remember to save your file!
- To Import, use the upload file box
- When you are reloading a configuration to either a new device or the same device, always make sure you reenter the SIP password
- Settings > Lines > Authentication > Password