This article outlines Intermedia support account contact verification process.
Account Contact is the owner of the Partner Account or an individual that has been granted administrative rights to the Partner Account. Intermedia’s support team can only assist callers who are listed as a partner account contact and can answer their designated security questions correctly.
PLEASE NOTE: SIP-R accounts do NOT require verification.
Description of the Process
- A customer calls Intermedia Support. Customer provides support with account information (Partner Account ID, account name or other information that can help identify the account)
- The caller’s name must match the name on the Partner account contact list. If caller's name doesn't match the name on account contact list Support agent would need to speak with Partner account contact listed.
- The support agent asks the Partner account contact the security question that is listed on the account details page at that time. If the customer answers the question correctly, the customer is considered verified and full support is granted.
- If the customer cannot answer the security question, they can log into Partner Portal to view or change their security questions.
- If customer is unable to access Partner Portal due to password issues support agent will assist with recovering access. Read the Knowledge Base article on How Do I Reset My Partner Portal Password? for more information.
Note: using generic account contacts names like HelpDesk or Support is against the security policy and we strongly recommend to create personalized Account Contacts.