The information below can help you to diagnose and resolve delivery issues. In the case that you or someone sending mail to you is receiving an error message, the first thing to do is to read the error
Important: in the case that you or someone sending mail to you is receiving an error message, the first thing to do is to read the error message and visit any URLs mentioned in that error message.
Authentication and security issues
- Why Mails Are Not Getting To Recipients At Hotmail, AOL, Yahoo! or Gmail?
- Your Message Wasn't Delivered Due To A Permission Or Security Issue Bounce Back Message
- Your Message Can't Be Delivered Because Delivery To This Address Is Restricted Bounce Back Message
- Your Message Wasn't Delivered Because The Recipient's Email Provider Rejected It Bounce Back Message
- Why Do Messages With Attachments Get Rejected By The Exchange Server Spam Filter?
- Bounce Back With 451 4.4.0 SMTPSEND.SuspiciousRemoteServerError
- ESMTP not accepting connections Error
Recipient address not found issues
- Why Do I Get The Error 'The Recipient's Email Address Was Not Found In The Recipient's Email System' When Sending A Message To A Valid Recipient?
- A Problem Occurred During The Delivery Of This Message To This Email Address Bounce Back Message
- The Recipient Email Address Was Not Found Bounce Back Message
- Sender Address Rejected: Domain Not Found Bounce Back Message
Limitation and restriction issues
- The Recipient Won't Be Able To Receive This Message Because It's Too Large Bounce Back Message
- 554 5.2.2 The Recipient's Mailbox Is Full Bounce Back Message
- This Message Wasn't Delivered To Anyone Because There Are Too Many Recipients Bounce Back Message
Failed delivery attempts
- This Message Hasn't Been Delivered Yet. Delivery Will Continue To Be Attempted Bounce Back Message
- The Server Has Tried To Deliver This Message, Without Success, And Has Stopped Trying Bounce Back Message
- Email Protection: Message Routing
- Email Protection: Policy Level Safe & Blocked Senders Lists
- Email Protection: End User Safe/Blocked Senders Lists
- Email Protection Management In CONTROL PANEL
- How Do I Completely Disable The Junk Email Filter For My Exchange Mailbox?
Mail client issues
If the issue is not addressed in the articles above, contact Intermedia Technical Support for further assistance. Before reporting mail delivery issues to Intermedia Technical Support, collect the following information, as we require that for investigation.
- The exact error message you are receiving (send us a screenshot of the error or the exact wording). Read one of the following Knowledge Base articles for information on creating a screenshot: How do I create a screenshot on Windows? How do I create a screenshot on Mac OS?
- If your mail is bouncing back to you after you have sent it, please send us the entire bounce message, along with the complete headers of that message. Read the Knowledge Base article on What are complete headers? How do I get them? for more information.
- The email address and password for the mailbox that cannot send mail.
- The recipient's email address.
- The exact version of the desktop mail client you are using, model and OS version of a mobile device and the settings you are using (if you’re unsure, send us screenshots of your settings).
- Send the message using Outlook Web Access. Inform us whether it works or not.
- The entire bounce message, with complete headers, that the sender is receiving. Read the Knowledge Base article on What are complete headers? How do I get them? for more information.
- If the mail is not being rejected, but you have not received it, then we will need to check our logs for delivery. We will need the following information to check the mail logs:
- The FROM (sender's) email address.
- The TO (recipient's) email address(es).
- Message Subject.
- The approximate date, time, and the time zone that references when the message was sent (please note we will need to convert the time you provide us to GMT or PST, depending on which server your logs are on).
- The IP address of the SMTP (sending) server (please verify this information with your sender).
- You can submit this information as an Extended Service request using CONTROL PANEL Control Panel > Support (the link in the page header in the top right corner) > Extended Services > Message Track.
Note: Message Track can be performed for emails received or sent within the last 7 days only.